I used to see two common errors on the new created Microsoft Failover Cluster. "DNS bad key" and CNO update error.
Cluster network name resource 'Cluster Name' failed registration of one or more associated DNS name(s):
DNS bad key
Cluster network name resource failed registration of one or more associated DNS names(s) because the access to update the secure DNS Zone was denied.
The error "DNS bad key" is more often rather than the other error. I did a lot of study on the internet. The issue was fixed after applying the following steps:
- Right click the Windows button - Click Run.
- Run following command to enter Network Connections.
- Go to Properties of the network adapter that you are using for Microsoft Failover Cluster.
- Go to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) - Advanced - DNS tab.
- Deselect the Register this connection's addresses in DNS.
The cluster error events appears in event log in regular frequency. If you want to test it without waiting. You can initiate a core cluster resource failover to test it.
How to move core cluster resource?
Microsoft Cluster Failover - Right click the cluster - More actions - Move Core Cluster Resources.